We are lucky to have our very own Dispensary on site at Orsett Surgery.
Only patients who live further than 1 mile away from a chemist may collect their medication from us (dispensing patients).
Monday to Friday: 9am – 1pm & 4pm – 6:45pm.
Please note that no calls will be taken between 1pm and 4pm.
We are closed on the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 1pm.
We are closed on the 1st April each year for stock take.
All requests for medication must be made in writing, by the patient.
At the moment we require 3 – 5 working days notice to fill out your request.
Please do not wait until you run out of your medications before putting in a request!
You can request your medication in the following ways:
- In person: place a piece of paper in the box at reception.
- By email: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, date of birth and medication required.
- Online via Patient Access, or via the NHS app.
If you do not live in an area where we are allowed to dispense your medication to you will have your prescription sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
Just let us know the name of your chosen chemist.
From May 2020, this is now mandatory due to a government NHSE policy.
- Your prescriptions are free – according to your age or if you have a medical exemption.
- You pay for your prescriptions – £9.35 per item or you have a pre-payment certificate.
|Allcures Pharmacy||62 High Street, Grays, RM17 6NA|
|Boots||17 Derwent Parade, South Ockendon, RM15 5EF|
|Hassengate Pharmacy||Southend Road, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0PH|
|Dock Pharmacy||128 Dock Road, Tilbury, RM18 7BJ|
You can find more information on the Thurrock.gov.uk website:
We are unable to provide dosette boxes as part of our service.
If you or a family member would benefit from a dosette box you will need to find a pharmacy which is willing to provide this service for you and then let us know.